The Gift  

Posted by micktoria


Let me begin at the beginning and the beginning is"Twilight." I eventually would read all the books (several times and counting) but it was after reading the first that led me to TMs, which is where I met Karen G and we became sister close in no time. Now when Karen told me she was sending me a Twilight poster I was very grateful.....of course I didn't know where a 55 year old woman should hang a poster of a 17 year old vampire.....I mean that hadn't come up on any HGTV shows I'ld seen. Well it turned out I didn't have to worry about it because my poster was actually a 6 ft -free standing-cardboard-beautiful- cut out of Edward......flat Edward to those of us that know him personally. I was thrilled beyond words (and that's not easy for me) and I couldn't stop giggling like a little girl.
So how do you repay someone for a cardboard gift that makes you feel young again just from the humor in it. Well you haul flat Edward to the State Park and prop him up by a sign on a busy highway and take a picture of him. And you do it fast......before the Game Warden or a friendly motorist stops to ask if you need any help....I've got a 6 ft Edward in the back of my car of course I need help. And then you rush home to post it for your friend and all the other members of your Golden Coven to see. And with that I gave back the gift of laughter and possibly some giggles and we all felt like little girls again. What a glorious gift....for anybody to open.....and with that Edward's Golden Adventures began..............mic


This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 10, 2009 at 10:54 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

Thanks for posting the first of Flat Edward's many adventures MIc, and how he got his early beginnings!!! I am so proud of you, look, not only are you blogging, you are blogging with PHOTOS!!!!

Tobey

February 10, 2009 at 12:08 PM

Thanks, mic...What an amazing first chapter in Golden Twilight history and a joyous beginning to an adventure where we can all be 17again for...awhile! *hugs*

February 10, 2009 at 12:19 PM

I love your story--and great picture!

February 10, 2009 at 12:39 PM

You have a great style. Of course, Edward would not settle for anything less!

February 10, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Oh, mic, thanks for a terrific blog to start our adventures. Not sure about being a little girl again but definitely 17. =D
(I wish we could add smilies but that is supposed to be a big smile!)

February 10, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Great story Micktoria! Are you planning any more adventures for your Big Flat Ed? (hope you don't mind that nickname LOL! - didn't want HIM to get confused with the others)

February 10, 2009 at 5:35 PM

Perfect! (as Bella said when she saw her truck for the first)

I got the shivers when I saw the picture! I just can't wait!!!!

February 10, 2009 at 6:16 PM

Post a Comment